We are very proud of our pupils and their achievements; we expect them to take a pride in their membership of St Peter's and their uniform.
We are grateful for the support we receive from parents in maintaining a high standard of uniform. Many visitors to the school have commented and complimented pupils on their smart appearance in the St Peter's school uniform.
- Maroon blazer with logo
- Maroon V-neck jumper with logo
- White shirt and school tie
- Plain black trousers for boys and girls or box pleated skirt for girls (the skirt is only available to purchase from Sallies, our uniform supplier). Pupils wearing trousers must wear a plain black belt also.
- If wearing trousers, plain black ankle socks should be worn. If wearing a skirt, plain black knee-length socks/plain black tights should be worn.
- Sensible and suitable black shoes
- Black tights, black socks
Pupils must wear the blazer around school at all times. Pupils can remove their blazer in lessons only with permission of the teacher.
- Plain black headscarf for religious reasons
- No trainers, open-toed sandals, boots, high heels or any shoes with coloured laces, stitching or logos are allowed
- Caps, hats and scarves are not allowed when students are in uniform
- No jeans, leggings or tracksuits are allowed
- No hooded tops are allowed
Students are expected to change for P.E. lessons
- Maroon polo shirt with school logo
- Plain black shorts
- Indoor sensible sports shoes
- Outdoor sensible sports shoes
- St Peter’s outdoor sports leggings
- St Peter’s outdoor sports jacket
Watches are allowed
- Earrings are not allowed
- Other body piercing is not allowed
- No other items of body jewellery are allowed
Make up, nail varnish and false nails are not allowed for any years
The school does not permit children to have haircuts that could serve as a distraction to other children. Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Hair gel is not allowed as this has health and safety implications. Long hair should be tied back using a small 'scrunchie', hairband, clip or ribbon that is plain black or in a colour that naturally blends with the hair. No large decoration in hair is allowed. Parents should also be aware that tattoos are not permitted.
If there is any doubt about whether a particular item is acceptable parents should check with the school before purchasing. The school reserves the right to ban certain unforeseen items that may come in as fads or fashion items (e.g. leg warmers) and therefore are not specifically stated in our uniform policy.
- Any pupil not in full uniform will be offered the loan of the missing item and a letter will be sent home to parents.
- Any pupil still not in full uniform will be sent home
- If a pupil continues to ignore school uniform rules - parents and pupil will be invited to meet with the chair of governors to explain why