For the school's mission to be realised there must be a close working relationship between the home, the school, the Church and the community. Parents receive termly reports on their children's progress and effort, but if there are particular concerns parents will be contacted immediately by school staff. Parens' Evenings take place at regular intervals, but where a parent needs to see a member of staff urgently, he or she should contact the school to make an appointment.
The whole school community is encouraged to safeguard the rights of all pupils to ensure their freedom and happiness.
Home - School Contract
The school will:
- Provide a friendly, secure, stimulating, Christian environment in which to learn
- Ensure that all pupils are valued and encouraged to achieve their full potential through a broad and balanced curriculum, enhanced by gospel values
- Keep you regularly informed and consulted about general school matters and about your child's progress in particular
- Invite your child to participate fully in all school activities including a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities
- Work with you to solve any problems which could hinder your child's progress at school
- Be open and welcoming at all times and offer opportunities for you to be involved in the daily life of the school.
The Pupil will:
- Attend school regularly and on time
- Wear the full school uniform and bring all the equipment needed every day
- Behave sensibly so as to keep us all happy and safe as we learn
- Think for myself and take responsibility for my actions
- Do my classwork and homework as well as I can
- Observe all school rules and treat everyone with respect
- Take care of the school environment and help to keep our school free of litter.
The Parents/Carers will:
- Support the Christian values of the school community
- Support the school governors in their responsibilities for maintaining the school
- See that my child attends school regularly, on time, in uniform and suitably equipped
- Keep the school informed of any concerns or problems that might affect my child's work or behaviour
- Support the school policies and guidelines for behaviour
- Encourage my child to show kindness and consideration for others
- Encourage my child to be enthusiastic about learning, to enjoy school and do his or her best
- Support my child with homework and other opportunities for home learning
- Attend parents' evenings and discussions about my child's progress.