Free School Meal Entitlement
Is your child entitled to free school meals?
Due to the introduction of Universal Credit, Manchester City Council will no longer be able to tell us which students are entitled to free school meals. For this reason, it is important for parents to check their eligibility online so that we can provide your child with a lunch free of charge and also receive additional funding which we will use to support your child’s education.
What do I need to do?
All you have to do is check your eligibility via the following link
What qualifies my child for free school meals?
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Job seeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit