Qualification: GCSE ICT
Exam Board: OCR
Exam Date: Monday 14th May 2018 (am)
B061/ ICT in Today’s World
You need to research the uses and effects of computers in modern society.
Exam Date: Thursday 17th May 2018 (pm)
B063/ ICT in Context
You need to research the following in relation to a travel company:
• Online advertising and web 2.0 technologies;
• Technologies used when working from home including their benefits and limitations;
• Virtual reality devices and technology including their benefits and limitations;
• Networking technologies;
• Using the World Wide Web for travel and holiday research and bookings;
• Data management techniques;
• Computer security;
• Use of social media and maintaining privacy
OCR ICT Revision guides are available to purchase from Amazon:
BBC Bitesize ICT
Revision Sessions: There is an expectation that the students will take responsibility for their own learning.
This will include attending revision sessions and completing all homework on time.
Revision is available each day from 3.15pm – 4-30pm
This will prepare the students for the exam and also give them an opportunity to complete any classwork.
Examination resources are made available on the school VLE
All students are expected to log in and check for new resources and revision guides each day.
Your teacher will also let you know when they want you to attend specific revision sessions before school or at lunch.