Mass Times – all welcome:
- Monday – 12:35 pm & 1.35 pm
- Wednesdays – 12:35 pm & 1.35 pm
- Fridays – 12:35 pm & 1.35 pm
The duration of Mass is approximately 25 minutes.
History of St Peter’s School Chapel
Our school Chapel is part of the St Peter’s RC High School Religious Education Centre, which also includes a dedicated RE classroom. The Centre was opened by Bishop Brain in June 2013.
The school chapel is used for Holy Mass three times a week, RE class Masses and lessons, Masses for members of our community who are sick or deceased, Liturgies and Para-Liturgies, pupil retreat days, primary links days and celebrations of the Sacraments (including Baptisms, Reconciliation, Confirmations, first Holy Communions and Nuptial Blessings). The chapel is also used for community events, private worship and counselling of staff and pupils.
Our Chaplaincy Team and Chaplaincy GIFT Team.
The Chapel is home to our Chaplaincy Team, which includes school Chaplain Father Joel Yeboah CSSp and Lay Chaplain Mrs White.
The Chaplaincy Gift Team is made up of pupils from Key Stages 3 and 4. They are trained to support the Chaplaincy Team and the school by:
- Leading Morning Prayer before the Assembly with their Tutor Group. (Morning Prayer is led by the Tutor Group).
- Reading and serving at Mass in the school Chapel.
- Encouraging and bringing their peers to Mass.
- Active involvement in other services throughout the year, including the Christmas Nativity Drama and the Easter Para-Liturgy, which are presented to the whole school.
- Supporting pupils during their Baptism, First Holy Communion or Confirmation instructions and being present for these occasions.
- Representing St Peter's at various events outside school.
- Encouraging peers who are having difficulties to come to Chaplaincy for spiritual accompaniment.
- Visiting peers who are sick.
- Involvement in the annual Macmillan Coffee Morning.
- Acting as St Peter’s Fairtrade steering group, including running a termly Fairtrade Tuck Shop.